Friday, April 13, 2012

Sparkletastic accessories...

As all my bridesmaids will be wearing different colours and different dresses, I wanted them to have something to tie everything together.

All their bouquets will be the same, but I thought it would be nice if they could have something a bit special for part of their outfits. After browsing on Etsy.com I came across the work of Sue Eggen from Philadelphia in the United States. She creates the most beautiful, original accessories, jewellery and craft items under the name of Giant Dwarf.

I absolutely fell for these handmade fancy felt and Diamond German Glass Glitter Starlette Sparklers. Each one is unique because Sue cuts them out by hand and the glass glitter looks stunning. I ordered one each for my bridesmaids, so it will be subtle but a nice feature. It means that Helen, Hannah and Bev can have their hair however they want and incorporate the stars (each star has a bobby pin on the back).



They arrived today and I'm chuffed to bits with them. There was also a lovely message from Sue:


It's one of the things I love about all the designers I've met on Etsy - everyone is so friendly and there is a real sense of individuality on the site. I also love that there are elements of my wedding that have come from craftspeople elsewhere in the world: my wedding ring has been made by Shirlee Grund of Lichen And Lychee, a wonderful jeweller from Seattle (pics coming soon). Bob and I want our wedding to be an event that everyone involved can get something out of - and it's so cool to see the enthusiasm of people I've never met before for our special day. It makes everything so much more lovely!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs