Friday, April 13, 2012

Bring on the BUNNIES!

I'm going to have five bridesmaids at our wedding - two adults (my sister Bev and best friend Helen), one teenager (my singing student Hannah) and two tots (Bob's niece, Georgie, and Bev's daughter, Freya.) The three older bridesmaids will have similar bouquets to mine (see below post for more on my flowers) but when it came to thinking about Georgie and Freya I quickly realised that flowers weren't the way forward for them.

Georgie is four and Freya is three - both adorable and both very headstrong. As the potential for tantrums is quite high I thought perhaps flowers could become weapons of mass destruction if they have an off-day! I wanted to come up with something else they could carry that would look sweet but not cause too much damage if swung about...

Then, I had a brainwave: BUNNIES!

Both Georgie and Freya have toy rabbits that they love and I thought that a new bunny for the wedding would be something they would like and could also be a present for being our bridesmaids. So, they will be carrying one of these amazing Jellycat Bashful Bunnies each! This one is called Hettie and I bought them online from Tiny Tot Shop, who have a fab range - so a happy half-hour of gorgeous bunny shopping ensued! I'm going to tie spring green and buttercup yellow ribbons around the bunnies' necks so they look a bit festive. What do you think?

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs