Thursday, April 26, 2012

Our must-have wedding accessory...

There is one thing that Bob and I have agreed we absolutely have to have at our wedding...


When we sat down to plan our wedding, we decided that there should be two important elements: firstly, something that represents who we are; and secondly, FUN. We don't want a stuffy wedding that we and all our guests will feel out of place at. We want to celebrate the start of our married life with the kind of light-hearted fun that we hope will be a feature of the rest of our lives together. One thing that both represents us as a couple and totally ticks the Fun box is our love of slippers.

So, we are inviting our guests to bring their favourite pair of comfy slippers or shoes for the evening part of our wedding celebration. They can be old favourites, or brand new purchases (if anyone needs an excuse to upgrade their comfy footwear!). And there will be prizes for the best ones. Oh yes!

Not only is it a brilliant idea for making everyone feel relaxed (you try having a serious conversation with someone when you have enormous fluffy animals attached to your feet...) but it's also practical. Having worked at - and attended - so many weddings, I know that one thing unites them all: that moment, either late in the afternoon or at the beginning of the evening reception, when your posh shoes start to murder your feet. There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy yourself on the dancefloor in too-tight shoes, or daring to go barefoot praying nobody has dropped any glass. I have to say that Bob and I are rather chuffed with this idea and I can't wait to see our suited and booted guests in daft footwear, boogying the night away! Now that will be a brilliant photo opportunity...

I've already found a pair of brand new, white furry slippers with silver embroidery and sequins to wear with my wedding dress. In fact, Bob was quite worried about me for a while because I was more excited about my funky wedding slippers than I was about my dress!

Photo credits: Pink Slipper Boots; Freud, Lamb and Bunny Slippers

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs